How do I create and view a Pattern Match in groupwisdom™?
You can generate Pattern Matches in the Reports page of groupwisdom™ after approving data, creating a scenario, and creating a cluster map. See the Create a new Pattern Match section below for detailed steps or view the video tutorial.
Overview – Reports – Pattern Match
For more information on interpreting the maps and reports based on those maps, read chapter 6 of Concept Mapping for Planning and Evaluation.
Pattern Matches are comparisons of the cluster ratings across criteria such as
- different stakeholder groups on the same rating criteria, or
- different rating scales using the same stakeholder group, or
- different points in time using the same stakeholder group or rating scales.
The Pattern Match uses a ladder graph representation.
- The analysis computes the statement averages across all participants with approved rating data. It then uses the statement averages for all items within that cluster to compute the cluster average for each cluster.
- This uses the scale in question and any other variables (participant question data) set by the administrator. One variable is shown on each vertical axis.
- The position of each cluster on the ladder graph is based on its rating value. Straight lines are drawn between the same cluster on each side of the graph. The data will use the colors set during the editing of the cluster rating map.
- A correlation value known as the Pearson product-moment correlation representing the relationship between 2 values can be viewed by selecting the map details icon to the right of the pattern match graphic.